Tuesday, March 16, 2010

another song

I wrote another song last week. I was driving to work and kept having words running through my head, so I started scribbling them down at stoplights. This led to the first verse and the chorus... Then the next day I sat down with my guitar and the rest came out.

"Sometimes I'm scared to sing to You, Creator of everything
What if I'm distracted, what if my heart's not all there?
What if the words and notes, they come out wrong?
But still I will lift my voice because You gave me this song

I'll sing the hosannas and I'll sing hallelujahs
I'll tell of Your glory and how You saved us
Most importantly to me, I'll just tell You I love You
And how all I want to do is just sit at Your feet

I write down words that can never encompass my love
But I know it's important to You that I even try
I know You're out there because I've seen You before
You've touched my heart and left me wanting more

And this is all I know how to do,
To sing and hope it's enough
That what I'm putting into this will show You my love"

No comments: