Tuesday, July 13, 2010

just another song...

The words to the first verse and chorus came to me right when I woke up this morning, and as I was in the shower... Then I finished up the second verse at work.


"I’ve got things roaming my head that I can’t defeat
There’s sickness all around me and the world’s unclean
I’m no better, I’ve got the same disease
Selfishness and greed wrapped in apathy
But I can sense a freedom somewhere near

Lord break these chains ‘cause they’re not of You
They just drag me down and conceal the truth
I want something more that is real
I don’t need this world, I don’t need this grief
I just need You, I need Your arms around me.

There are things I should do and words I should speak
But I feel so useless, Lord I feel so damn weak
What can I possibly do to compete
With a world that’s full of such agony
I need Your strength to set me free"

EDIT: the video

No comments: